2019 Marks SIA’s 25th Year!
SIA is celebrating our 25th Anniversary and we would like to celebrate it with YOU!
Throughout 2019, SIA will kick off the celebration at our monthly base visits by offering refreshments and prizes. Be sure to stop and visit us when we are in your Base!
SIA has been working with Travelliance and other vendors to provide fantastic prizes for our Flight Attendants. The announcement of prize drawings will be coming soon. Watch for updates and communication from SIA on SkyWest Online and also check our website at www.oursia.org throughout the coming year!
2019 also brings a new look to many of our SIA Publications as well as the Flight Attendant Policy Manual (FAPM). We have converted Revision 8 of the FAPM to the new Sky Book format which is much more user friendly with our electronic devices. The Sky Book format begins with “Revision Original” and ongoing changes/revisions will automatically be uploaded as they become effective. Our new SIA posters, New Hire Guide and Our SIA Connection (OSC) newsletter will all have a fresh, updated look.
A little History of 25 years ago
- 1994 – SkyWest InFlight Association (SIA) is officially organized!
- 135 SkyWest InFlight Association members
- 7 bases which included PSP, SLC, SAN, SMF, SBP, SBA and MRY
- The CRJ 200 is introduced to the SkyWest Airlines fleet
Now in 2019
- 4100+ SkyWest InFlight Association members
- 20 bases which include PSP, SLC, SAN, DEN, ORD, FAT, PDX, SFO, LAX, COS, TUS, MSP, PHX, IAH, DTW, SEA, ATL, BOI, LGA and DFW
- Our SkyWest fleet now includes the CRJ 200, 700, 900 and ERJ 175 aircraft