The following was sent to all SkyWest Flight Attendants on SWOL February 23, 2016:
Dear SIA Member,
SIA is pleased to announce the programming for ‘Restricted Open Time’ is complete. This new SkedPlus+ feature is one of the Contract Enhancement quality of life benefits voted in by the Flight Attendant group at the end of last year.
‘Restricted Open Time’ will be available starting this evening, Tuesday February 23rd, at 2000 MT as the March schedules are loaded into SkedPlus+. ‘Restricted Open Time’ will be available for pairings that begin on or after March 1, 2016 only. Please refer to the ROT Overview for details and examples that will assist you in understanding how ‘Restricted Open Time’ functions in SkedPlus+. A Q&A is also included below this message.
It is an honor to represent each one of you and we appreciate your trust as we continue to work towards the best quality of life benefits for our Flight Attendants. If you have any questions or feedback, please ‘Talk to SIA’ at www.oursia.org or 855.2.OURSIA.
Your SIA Team
Q & A
- Can a Flight Attendant ‘pick-up’ a trip from ‘Restricted Open Time’?
No. Restricted Open Time is for exchanges only. Flight Attendants will be able to view and exchange pairing(s) for a pairing(s) in Restricted Open Time. Exchanges must be in the same domicile, on the same days, and the Flight Attendant must be qualified on the aircraft.
- Can a Flight Attendant exchange a 4-day pairing that begins on the 10th of month for a 3-day pairing that pays more and also begins on the 10th of the month?
No. Restricted Open Time only applies to pairings exchanged on the same exact days. For this exchange to be successful, the Flight Attendant would need to exchange the pairing with a pairing(s) on all the same days.
- Can a Flight Attendant exchange a 4-day pairing with a 0600 show time on the first day for a 4-day pairing with a 1530 show time on the same day?
Yes. Show times are not considered as long as the pairings being exchanged are on the same day(s).
- What is the deadline to excha4nge a pairing with a pairing from ‘Restricted Open Time’?
A pairing cannot be exchanged for a paring in ‘Restricted Open Time’ less than 10 hours prior to show time.
- After a Flight Attendant exchanges a pairing with ‘Restricted Open Time,’ can the pairing be dropped?
No. Per current SkedPlus+ policy, only awarded pairings may be dropped. Flight Attendants can, however, post, trade or exchange the pairing once it is on their schedule.
- Can a Flight Attendant exchange a local with a 4-day pairing in ‘Restricted Open Time’ when both pairings begin on the same day?
No. The exchange must be for the same days.
- Can a local be exchanged for a stand up? Additionally, can a stand up be exchanged for a local?
No. SkedPlus+ recognizes a stand up as a 2-day in this instance because it touches two calendar days.
- Can a Flight Attendant exchange 3 stand ups on the 5th, 6th, and 7th for a 4-day on the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th?
Yes. This exchange is permitted because the same calendar days are included.
- Where can I locate the applicable policy for ‘Restricted Open Time’?
The policy is located in TR 04-29 attached to this email. Information is also included in the SkedPlus+ User Guide, Page 35-36. These can be accessed via SWOL > Info Center > Documents > Manuals (IF) > Flight Attendant Policy Manual.
- How long is ‘Restricted Open Time’ available for exchange before it is removed from SkedPlus+ and assigned to a reserve?
Per current policy, these pairings cannot be assigned to a Reserve Flight Attendant more than 120 hours prior to the show time of the pairing [SP2317 11. B.2)].