The following message was sent to all SkyWest Flight Attendants on SWOL January 26, 2016.
Dear SIA Member,
SIA is pleased to announce that effective today (January 26, 2016) programming is complete for the ‘Out of Base Reserve (OBR First) Preference’ submission process on SkyWest Online. Beginning today, Flight Attendants can submit their preference for assignments given on or after February 1st. Flight Attendants who want to be considered first for an OBR assignment now have the option to indicate this to the Company.
Submitting an ‘OBR First’ preference is similar to requesting “Call First” status and located in the same place on SkyWest Online. Flight Attendants may access the ‘OBR First’ submission form on SkyWest Online> Operations> Crewmember> Reserve List > Call First Preference. This page now allows ALL Flight Attendants the option to select one or both of the following:
- Call First Preference
-Indicates a Flight Attendant wants to be called FIRST for any type of assignment
- OBR First Preference
-Indicates a Flight Attendant wants to be called FIRST for an OBR assignment
We are pleased to have negotiated this quality of life benefit for our Flight Attendants and hope that you will find this to be a useful tool. If you have any questions, please contact SIA at www.oursia.org.
Your SIA Team
Q & A
1) If Crew Support has an Out of Base (OBR) Reserve assignment, will it be assigned to the most senior Flight Attendant on the ‘Call First’ list or the most senior Flight Attendant on the ‘OBR First’ list?
For OBR assignments only, Crew Support will call the most senior Reserve Flight Attendant on the ‘OBR First’ list. This allows Reserve Flight Attendants who want to fly but do not prefer OBR assignments to be considered first for other flying assignments and not OBR assignments.
2) How will Crew Support make OBR assignments?
Crew Support will assign OBR assignments as follows:
- A reserve flight attendant in the corresponding bucket who has indicated an out of base first preference.
- A reserve flight attendant in the corresponding bucket who has indicated a call first preference
- A regular reserve flight attendant in the corresponding bucket
3) Do Flight Attendants need to select a preference if they are a Regular Line Holder?
All Flight Attendants including Regular Line Holders should navigate to this page on SkyWest Online (pathway above in 2nd paragraph) to indicate their preference. This preference will be honored in seniority order anytime a Flight Attendant is on Reserve or a Regular Line Holder has been placed on reserve.
4) If a Flight Attendant is on an OBR assignment, will the Company call the OBR Flight Attendant in seniority order?
Once you are on an OBR assignment, you are automatically considered “call first” in that domicile based on your seniority (SP2318 6.B.). The ‘OBR First’ and ‘Call First’ preferences are only used when making an initial assignment to a Reserve Flight Attendant on a regular RAP in his/her domicile.